“Fall Triple Play”
In baseball, a triple play is the rare act of making three outs during the same continuous play. In fact, it has happened less than 700 times in nearly 150 years of baseball. Our version takes a cue from the Fall Classic and requires you to complete three tasks during the same competition to win.
In order to win the Fall Triple Play, you must complete the following three tasks between September 22 and December 21, 2011:
1. Run a marathon. You must run the equivalent of 26.2 miles
2. Men must lift 20,000 pounds and women must lift 14,000 pounds while performing dumbbell clean and jerks.
3. Perform Hollow Body Rockers for 2 hours.
1. All three tasks must be completed immediately before, during, or immediately after your scheduled class. If you want to run 400 m before class, you must first check in with the instructor.
2. Running to or from class does not count towards your 26.2 mile total. All runs must begin and end at U R CrossFit.
3. You cannot run more than 1 additional mile per day above and beyond the scheduled WOD.
4. Dumbbell Clean and Jerks are permitted to begin from below the knee. You do not have to touch the weight to the ground in between each rep. However, every rep must comprise of a Clean and a Jerk. A Clean and Press or Push Press will be considered a “No Rep.”
5. All Dumbbell Clean and Jerks must be performed with both hands. One armed lifting will not count towards your total weight lifted.
6. The total weight lifted per rep is equivalent to the weight of both dumbbells.
7. Men cannot lift more than 600 pounds per day and women cannot lift more than 400lbs per day.
8. Your hollow body rockers must be performed as instructed. Your lower back should be curved and in full contact with the floor at all times.
9. You may only complete 5 minutes of hollow body rockers per day.
10. Occasionally, the WOD will call for more than the limits posted here. In all cases, the WOD supersedes these rules. If you end up doing 7 minutes of hollow body rockers and 1000 pounds total lifting, both amounts will count towards your Fall Triple Play score. If the WOD calls for more than 1 mile running, 600/400 total pounds of dumbbell clean and jerks, or 2 minutes of hollow body rockers, then your daily limit is achieved at the end of the WOD, not the end of class.
11. The official score will be displayed on the white board at U R CrossFit.
12. Participation is not mandatory unless these skills are part of the warm-up, buy-in, WOD, or cash-out.
13. Being a Crossfitter means being a well-rounded athlete. The Fall Triple Play competition is designed to challenge you in metabolic conditioning, weight lifting, and gymnastics. Remember, the goal is to “Out lift the runners, and out run the lifters.”